The "Learn2Curl" session is a great introduction to the sport of curling and the Chicago Curling Club.
Learn2Curl sessions are offered on select Sunday afternoons throughout the curling season (October to March.) They generally last about 2 1/2 hours and include the following:
• A short video introduction to the history and game of curling
• Stretching and warm-ups prior to curling
• On-ice instruction with USCA certified instructors
• A two-end simulated game
• Refreshments and snacks (known as "broomstacking")
• An overview of membership opportunities with the Chicago Curling Club
Learn2Curl Opportunities are complete for this season.
Please add your name to the email list (below) to be notified about
new sessions that will begin in October 2013.
*Special note: It is not required that you attend a Learn2Curl to become a member of the CCC. If you would like to join and then learn through unlimited free instruction, please contact the Membership Department directly.
||Bring warm clothing that is loose enough to allow for good range of motion. Athletic pants or sweatpants are best and layers help. Blue jeans generally are not flexible enough for curling. Some curlers find a hat and gloves comfortable out on the ice.
You MUST bring a separate pair of clean shoes to wear on the ice. Sorry, but these CANNOT be your street shoes worn to the curling club that day. NO EXCEPTIONS! A separate pair of clean runners/sneakers/gym shoes, or some other soft, flat-soled shoe will work just fine. No high heels or leather soles, please.
• The Learn2Curl fee is $60 per person. Only one Learn2Curl reservation per person. Multiple reservations using a single name will be deleted.
• The fee paid will be applied toward any new membership.
• The fee must be pre-paid through the online registration system (using credit/debit card only) and is non-refundable.
• Participants must be 21 years of age or older.
• Each curler must sign a liability release prior to the start of the Learn2Curl session.
• The CCC does not currently offer child or junior Learn2Curl sessions or memberships at this time.
• A confirmation email is sent to each successful website registrant's email address.
• About a week before the session, a reminder with more details will also be sent.
• Groups for instruction and teams for play are assigned by the Chicago Curling Club.
• Registration for multiple Learn2Curls are normally not permitted, but are subject to waitlist, if space becomes aviailable.
• Check out our FAQ page for further information.
NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel or combine Learn2Curl Sessions in order to best match up participant sign-ups with instructor availability.
If you are interested in a larger group outing or a corporate event,
click below to learn more about our Club Rental Program.
Corporate & Large Group Rental Information